martes, 20 de febrero de 2007

Carnaval.....woooooooooo

So the last five days were probably the most fun, crazy, and incredible of my life. Carnaval was nutso and our accompanying trip was equally as cool. We left Quito on Thursday afternoon and headed to Ambato....let's see...Ambato had some sort of Carnaval fesitval going on, but we weren't really sure, so we just walked around. This is where we saw art...aka artists using live, naked people as their canvases...it was actually really cool. I'm not going to lie, it pretty much made me really uncomfortable, but I still watched.....very brave souls...good for them. As we continued walking, we came upon some dancers in some sort of stadium, so we went inside to watch. They were really cool, and the guys were phenomenal shimmiers (I just made that word up...they shimmied) Then this other guy with really, really attractive long curly hair (not)came into the middle and started singing-I would also like to mention that he was wearing women's shoes---and I was just watching like a happy little gringo, which apparently translates to, "Please come over here and bring me on stage with you so I can look like a total idiot when I try to dance with you while holding my huge backpack" which is precisely what happened....my friends had a lot of fun with that one. There may be photo documentation....anyway...

We purchased a pinata earlier in the day, so that was the activity for the evening. It was a Barbie pinata, which makes it WAY cooler. We thorougly enjoyed buying ridiculous things like dinosaurs and jumpropes to put inside. We're funsters... Oh, another portion of the evening that may evoke some jealousy....we played charades...AGAIN---we are so cool.

So earlier in the day, we had received some flyers that advertised a really fun foam party! Cool! Okay, so we went to the foam party, but there was a MAJOR lack of foam. Basically it was a bar and every like 25 minutes, the ceiling would squirt out like .02 ounces of foam. I thought it was hilarious. So the foam party was kind of a bust....but we were going to be compensated....

Okay...to be continued...I must go to bed now. LOVE YOU ALL

No hay comentarios: